Oh heyyyy! I’m writing this as quickly as humanly possible while my 13-month-old naps. He usually naps for 2-2.5 hours, but he took a random 20-minute nap this morning so who knows how long this mid-day slumber will last!
I wanted to pop on here to post some photos that I just LOOOOVE from a Wingaersheek Beach family session. This is a family I’ve photographed multiple times, and I thought I’d use their collection of images to highlight all of the reasons I love summer sessions.
1) Schedules tend to be a little more flexible. I know that mine is! I’m off from teaching in the summer, which means I can take on more clients, and it’s easier to re-schedule should we run into inclement weather. Once school starts up in September, things get crazy (for me and everyone else!). Kids have sports and after-school/weekend activities, and it’s hard to find a time that works for everyone!
2) Everyone seems justttt a little bit more laid-back during the summer months. This probably has a lot to do with point #1, but people just seem more care-free.
3) That sun-kissed skin. Okay, for me personally, this is a big one. I’m a pasty Irish girl, and the only time of year I don’t look 100% like a ghost is in July and August. I know I’d much rather be photographed during this time ;).
4) There are more location options in the summer. Beach? Let’s go! Lake/pond? Let’s dooo it. Anddd, because of my flexible summer schedule, I’m able to drive a little further outside of my usual travel zone for sessions.
5) If you get your family photos done well in advance of the holidays, you won’t be scrambling to get cards or gifts made last-minute. WIN WIN!
This August I am offering something a little special for my clients, too! I am beginning to dabble in videography, and will be including a complimentary family film set to music with the booking of every family session. I’d love to tell you more about it, so feel free to reach out at any point! Until then, Happy Summer!
[pp_gallery id=”3958″ style-id=”__full-size-images__”]